Import Production Manager
Frankies Bikinis, LLC is a fast-growing women’s swimwear, apparel and beauty brand. Based in Venice, California we are currently a team of 36 and are in need of a Import Production Manager. This a new position and will report to the Director of Development and Production.
The primary responsibility of the Import Production Manager will be to manage communication with our full package swimwear and apparel suppliers around the world from initial prototype development to final production.
- Maintain a deep technical knowledge of the aesthetic to uphold and execute the highest quality in our products.
- Develop respectful and collaborative relationships with our existing vendor base and continuously grow vendor base.
- Assist the Director of Development and Production with sourcing and counter sourcing new factory and mill partners at the highest levels of quality and compliance.
- Obtain pre-costing bids for full package factories and present to CFO and Director of Production.
- Ensure all costs are consistently reflected in Apparel Magic (ERP System) as well as Centric (PLM System).
- Manage time & action calendar and WIP reports from all Full Package vendors and continuously update in ERP system for weekly reporting and communicate ETAs, delays, or other red flags of incoming shipments to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all POs are submitted on time with approved costing to vendors while taking into account vendor capacities.
- Work with freight forwarders and couriers on handling incoming development and production shipments in the most economical, efficient method.
- Continually maintain and update table with HTS codes and duty rates as new product categories are added to the company.
- Ensure vendors receive all approved tech packs, sew bys, fabric cards, thread colors, BOMS, and packaging guides.
- Review all inventory of fabric and trim inventory levels at factories and provide purchasing suggestions to DOP.
- Work with overseas vendors and in-house technical designer on most efficient construction methods for production.
- Ensures all prints are approved for production, all lab dips are approved for production and fabrics/trims have been approved for production with factories.
- Attends all fittings in pre-production and production for PPS and TOPS and communicate comments to vendor partners in a timely manner.
- Evaluate internal team procedures and proactively pilot more efficient and effective processes.
- Review QC and discuss solutions with Director of Development and Production as well as factory partners for better solutions.
- Manage communication between Product Team and Frankies Team
- Travel to factories when needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of swimwear and ready-to-wear development and production cycles
- Multitasking in a fast-paced environment balancing many tasks and deadlines
- Intermediate Illustrator skills a plus
- Experience with PLM, ERP systems a plus.
- Competitive salary with great benefits including fully paid health insurance
- A fun, dynamic and creative work environment
- Flexible working hours
Please submit Resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com