Frankies Bikinis is looking for a passionate candidate for the newly created position of Director of Merchandising. The Director of Merchandising will lead execution of the brand product strategy and help to identify new growth opportunities across all swim and apparel. Reporting to the Creative Director & Founder, this role will help determine the architecture of the product line and lead the development of category level growth plans. The Director of Merchandising will work in close partnership with the Design, Development, Ecom, Wholesale and Marketing to support the brand’s strategic initiatives and long-term growth goals. As the company continues to expand, this role will have an important role in further developing our merchandising point of view and operational process.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive assortment strategies across E-commerce and Wholesale channels, identifying new product opportunities to deliver high growth expectations
- Create long range product roadmap to achieve brand goals
- Lead the build and execution of the seasonal & annual line plan
- Support the buying and development product calendar for all channels
- Participate in necessary fittings
- With the Creative Director, ultimately responsible for style adoption and execution
- Build data driven action plan based on product performance results
- Uphold brand price positioning and manage the pricing strategy
- Manage product level Gross Margin targets with the Director of Development & Production
- Build seasonal product messaging plan to support marketing, communicating key seasonal product stories
- Build seasonal product knowledge info for web
- Support Wholesale team for seasonal product presentations & sales meetings
- Partner with Marketing & Sales teams to create seasonal Wholesale workbook
- Maintain a constant understanding of the competitive landscape and impart key insights into line development
- Act as cross departmental liaison, creating a consistent flow of communication throughout the organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in merchandising for a contemporary fashion brand
- A keen eye for design and detail with a strong interest in visually representing our brand aesthetic through our product offering
- Open minded, with an aptitude for creative problem solving
- Strong understanding of the Women’s apparel market and trends
- Ability to interpret and synthesize meaningful patterns and themes from qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and a collaborative attitude
- Understanding of both the physical and digital retail space
- Organized with a proven ability to work within deadlines, both independently and part of a team
- Highly Proficient in Excel, Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, PLM experience a plus (we use Centric PLM).
About Frankies Bikinis:
Frankies Bikinis is a global online destination for fashion-forward swimwear founded in 2012 by Francesca Aiello. Known for high-end fabrics, fashion forward shapes, and cheeky bottoms, our bikinis look great on everybody. Since the company’s inception, the brand has evolved into a lifestyle brand, expanding product offerings to include apparel, beauty, and footwear. Frankies Bikinis’ designs can be found in better retail boutiques including Revolve, Intermix, Free People, Kith, and Browns. The largest selection of Frankies Bikinis can be found at frankiesbikinis.com.
We’re a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, customer-centric, swimwear-loving and solutions-oriented team. We’re also big fans of dogs, snacks, and not taking ourselves too seriously. We’re always looking for intelligent, kind, and passionate and ambitious people to join us and help us bring our amazing products to the world.
Everyone is welcome at Frankies Bikinis - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Why Join Us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- Unless the position specifically require you to be in the office, we have a hybrid remote work model where we expect you to be in the office 2-3 days per week with one of those days being the designated departmental weekly in the office day.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded. Breaks to pet dogs, hang with coworkers, and, if you are even in the office, leaving at a reasonable time is encouraged.
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up all the time, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits including fully company-paid health insurance, a 401k plan with up to 4% employer match, fun team outings, great product discounts and much more.
Please apply on LinkedIn.