We are excited to be looking for a committed, inspired, hands-on individual for the newly established Development Manager position. As our first dedicated Development Manager, this individual will have a key role in all aspects of the Development of our Swimwear, Apparel and Accessories including garment construction.
The Development Manager is responsible for a team of 3 Development Coordinators and Assistants, collaborates cross-functionally with internal teams, and is the point of contact for external vendors developing our products.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure the Frankies Bikinis aesthetic is present from a product perspective when interpreting the creative direction into new styles.
- Manage the development calendar by establishing and adhering to all agreed time and action items.
- Communicates development statuses frequently to team
- Responsible for maintenance and overall integrity of data and dates in company PLM software (Centric) as well as the Development departments procedures and file
- Tracks development from sample raw materials from development to production
- Develop products with whose costs are realistic to also reach company target margins by category and, if not feasible, alert management at the earliest possible stage
- Follow fast-paced development schedules and create fast go to market strategies
- Collaborate cross-functionally with merchandising from Ecom and Wholesale, design, and technical design to achieve the best product results from all angles of the business
- Recommend new ideas and methods for construction and execution with the technical team
- Anticipate and proactively tackle potential raw material, margin, sourcing, and execution issues
- Manage a team of initially two Developers (to be hired) and one Development Coordinator
- Supervise negotiations, product development, adoption, sourcing, vendor allocation and production processes across multiple markets and product development vendors
- Provide all pre-costing estimates for production in Centric (PLM) in addition to Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage pass off to production
- All other job-related duties as requested
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7 + years of Swim and Apparel Development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or offsetting experience expected, a degree in fashion a plus
- Solid experience with garment construction and development processes as well as lead times with pattern makers, sample sewers, and contractors
- Familiarity with PLM software (Centric experience a plus) and comfortable with ERP systems relating to BOMs/Styles
- Solid understanding of Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- Flexibility, adaptability, and excellent organization skills
- Ability to roll up your sleeves to take on new projects outside of day-to-day scope, pending business needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to interact with all personality types and behaviors and a team player thriving in a fast-paced changing environment.
Why Join Us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard but are well-rounded. Breaks to pet dogs, hang with coworkers, and leaving the office at a reasonable time are encouraged.
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up all the time, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid health insurance), a 401k plan with employer match, fun team outings, and much more.
Please send resume to email@example.com