CMT Production Manager
Frankies Bikinis, a fast-growing women’s swimwear, apparel and beauty brand, is looking for a committed, inspired, hands on individual for the CMT Production Manager position. As a member of our high performing and fun team, you will closely manage the production process working with the production team and overseeing coordinators and assistants. The CMT Production Manager ensures that all products are delivered on time, at cost and to the highest quality.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure all PO’s are arriving to DC on time to hit launch date milestones, including managing timing of cuts and delivery of cuts to sewing contractors.
- Manage a team of three, including a Production Coordinator, Assistant and Quality Control and ensure all daily tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Negotiate pricing with CMT vendors based on pre-costing done with Director of Development and Production and subject final approval of the Director
- Pre-costing process including compiling and analyzing fabrics, markers, and trim specs to estimate accurate and realistic pricing for all styles.
- Obtain time in action calendar information from all vendors and communicate the information to the Production team.
- Maintain a deep technical knowledge of the aesthetic to uphold and execute the highest quality in our products.
- Develop respectful and collaborative relationships with our existing vendor base.
- Work with vendors to receive and review standard WIP reports weekly to ensure production schedule is on time
- Engage and facilitate daily communication with vendors to address all Production related issues
- Manage and review all confirmed costs and deliveries through WIP, ensuring ERP system and internal cost sheets reflect correct costs and delivery dates for vendors and cross-functional departments.
- Identify any variance between fabric lab-dibs / strike-offs and bulk fabric received and obtain Design/Development approval prior to any cuts being issued.
- Communicate with vendors on bulk fabric, yarn, trim quality approvals, rejections, and troubleshooting
- Maintain accurate reporting of all outstanding issues
- Elevate and communicate high-risk potential order problems to the Director of Development and Production
- Work closely with Development team to ensure fabrics/trims are approved for production and chase into pending lab dips/strike-offs/knit downs to ensure on-time production delivery
- Work closely with the Technical Design team to ensure fit approvals, construction methods and patterns are the most efficient for production
- Attend all fittings in pre-production and production
- Work with Director of Development and Production on production and capacity planning for each factory
- Evaluate internal team procedures and proactively pilot more efficient and effective processes
- Expand current QC controls and processes, including the hiring and daily managing of a QC Specialist
- Manage communication between CMT Production, NRI and Operations team
- Travel to factories when needed
- Other job-related duties as requested
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of CMT Production Management experience managing CMT sub contractors (marking, grading, cutting, sewing, trim send outs etc.)
- Deep understanding of, and experience with, with garment construction and development processes for swimwear and apparel.
- Proven success of managing teams and processes
- Solid network of potential CMT contractors and service providers
- Experience as a team player who thrives in fast paced environments
- Team Player - flexibility, adaptability and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to roll up your sleeves to take on new projects outside of day-to-day scope, pending business needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to interact with all personality types and behaviors
- Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant offsetting work experience
About Frankies Bikinis:
Founded in Malibu and based in Venice, California, Frankies Bikinis is a global online destination for fashion-forward beachwear. Known for high-end fabrics, fashion-forward shapes, and cheeky bottoms, our collections are designed to fit every woman. Since the company’s inception, founder Francesca Aiello has evolved the brand into a beach lifestyle brand, expanding product offerings to include ready-to-wear clothing and beauty.
Frankies Bikinis offers a dynamic, creative, and fun environment. We work at a fast pace to keep things fresh with new products launching every day. We look to the latest styles coming off the runway as we create each new drop. We offer flexible working hours, competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan, and cover 100 % of health insurance.
Frankies Bikinis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply please send resumes to Kalin@frankiesbikinis.com