Frankies Bikinis, LLC is a small but fast-growing company with the Frankies Bikinis women’s swimwear brand and the recently added Aiello by Frankies Bikinis apparel brand. Based in the arts district of downtown Los Angeles we are currently a team of 15 and are now looking for a full time Art Director.
The Art Director will report to the Director of Marketing and Ecommerce and will also work closely with the Creative Director / Founder. The Art Director is responsible for the creative implementation of the Frankies Bikinis and Aiello brands including all website, digital, social, video, retail store, product packaging, printed catalogs, event design and more.
The Art Director must ensure that all brand creative reflects the brand vision & purpose and reflects with consistency the guidelines of the brand book.
- Concept and create world-class design that supports all marketing initiatives & campaigns inclusive of print, digital, motion, and environmental. Design includes photography, logos, typography, color, graphic elements, and motion-based solutions.
- Oversee and participate in execution of channel content across owned and paid channels including web, retail, social, digital media, email, and events.
- Create work under the general direction of, and in partnership with, the Creative Director / Founder and the Marketing Director, that unifies the marketing strategy and brand vision.
- Present work and build alignment around design direction and execution with key stakeholders.
- Create rules and guidance for project types, brief partner teams on these rules, ensure consistency and quality benchmarks are met in execution.
- Work in a hands-on environment that requires flexibility imagination, a can-do attitude, a sense of fun, and the desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to interpret creative feedback and data into iterative design. A multi-revision process is often part of our work. • Understand the importance of aligning the overall campaign narrative into every channel execution & deliverable
- 7+ years of experience at a design agency and/or in-house design team.
- Proven experience in designing for brands in digital, print, and environmental with a track record of delivering robust visual design.
- Experience working in contemporary fashion / swim a plus
- Strong conceptual capabilities showing ability to develop ideas from concept to execution utilizing your vast knowledge of strategic branding, retail environments as well as paid and owned marketing channels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent design, typography, and layout skills with superior knowledge of all software tools needed.
- Be creative and bring a fresh perspective while working within the brand and project parameters.
- Experience with 3D modeling, illustration, and photoshoot direction is a plus.
- Able to translate a large branding idea to multiple touch points in all channels.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Must be comfortable making changes to work based upon layered feedback
- Competitive salary with benefits
- A fun, dynamic and creative work environment
- Flexible working hours
Qualified applicants should submit resume with salary history and include a portfolio that demonstrates ability to direct artistic vision along with their submission for consideration for the Art Director role. Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org